Call Northwest Gas If You Smell Gas
24 Hour Emergency Response:
- EVACUATE the building or area immediately.
- DO NOT USE telephones (including cell phones), doorbells, light switches, pagers or any other electrical equipment.
- DO NOT START UP OR SHUT DOWN any vehicles, machinery or equipment near the area.
- TRAVEL UPWIND to escape any potentially dangerous accumulation of gas.
- DO NOT RE-ENTER the area until told it is safe.
- CALL the gas supplier from a safe location – NOT where you smell gas.
- DO NOT light a match, operate light switches, garage door openers, appliances, engines, or any other potential sources of ignition.
- DO NOT attempt to control the leak. If the gas is burning – let it burn.
- KEEP other people out of the area until help arrives.